Friday 13 April 2012

A Beginning...

I've always been a person with a lot to say, never one to be short of several words where one would do. I wrote my way through my teenage years, expressing everything in swathes of poetry and stories, articles and scrawled journal entries. So when I found out I was expecting my first baby, in February 2011, I expected the floodgates to open and words to once again pour onto paper. I wanted to keep a record for my son, so when I found it almost impossible to fill the blank screen with anything meaningful I was flabbergasted.

The blog has been a seed in my head for months now, right from the time life caught me by surprise and due to my pre-eclampsia and HELLP syndrome, my son was born 7 weeks early and I found all the words, emotions and experiences blocked behind those firmly locked floodgates.  It's taken months to work up the courage to start and I'm, really hoping it'll give me the encouragement I need to find words again. To find my voice as a wife and mother not an emo-filled teenage. 

Why August Ever After? Well, just because that's how it feels. Everything happened in August 2011, I got married, we bought our first house - a real 1930's project and my little boy was born. In August life as I knew it stopped existing for 6 weeks, as I was hospitalised instead of honeymooning, and then the wait for Sprocket (what I will call my son here) to be strong enough to come home. After those six weeks I had to rediscover what life meant and what was important to me...I've been trying to work out my own happily ever after and I hope you'll enjoy sharing my not-so-fairytale with me. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the birth of your blog! :-D I love the title! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Now I just need to find some time to be able to write posts.

      Delete